Products and Purchasing
Making a Purchase Online
Select the products you wish to purchase
1. When viewing products, if you see something you like, simply select the ‘Add to Cart’
2. When you are ready to pay for your order, click on the shopping cart icon, your items
will be displayed.
3. Once your shopping cart is displayed, you are able to change the quantities or add
and remove items if necessary. Select your shipping method. When you are happy
with your cart, select the ‘Proceed to Check out’ button.
Select shipping method
1. If you hadn’t already entered your shipping address to your profile, you can do so
now, alternatively if you would like to ship to an alternative address than that already
saved in your profile, you can also add that address now.
1. Review your order and delivery details one last time, select your payment method and
agree to the terms and conditions before clicking on the ‘Pay Now’ button.
Select payment method and pay for order
1. If you opt to pay with a credit card or Instant EFT you will be directed to PayFast’s
secure payment portal to complete the payment.
2. If you would prefer to pay via EFT click on the ‘Pay by EFT’ button and we’ll send you
an order reservation email with the details of your order, remember to use your order
number as the payment reference so we can allocate your payment correctly. When
making your payment you should have the option to include an email address for
sending proof of payment, if you put ours in, it will come straight to us
– [email protected]
Order confirmation and tracking
1. You will receive an email with your invoice and tracking details for your order to track
the progress of your order until it is delivered.
Please make sure you are using the right username and/or email address you used when you registered. If you’ve forgotten your password, please click on the ‘Lost Password’ link, we’ll send you an email with a link to reset your password. This email may take several minutes to deliver to your inbox. Please be patient and rather not click on ‘Lost Password’ link several times as it will continue to
generate new links.
When logged in, go to ‘My Account’ and from your ‘My Account Dashboard’ click on ‘edit your password and account details’ You’ll need to enter your current password as well as the new password and confirm it. Remember to SAVE your changes.
This can also be done through your ‘My Account Dashboard’. Click on ‘Edit your password and account details’. Remember to SAVE your changes. Please note, you cannot change your original username.
After successful payment you will receive an email including the information of the courier company and the details, which will allow you to track your order.
In the unlikely event that you haven’t received what you purchased, or if the product you purchased arrives damaged, please contact us as soon as possible, and not longer than 7 days after receipt of your order. We’ll make it a priority to correct and ensure it to be as hassle free as possible.
Step 1 – Contact
Please email [email protected] with the following information in the email:
- Your invoice number
- A contact number
- Explain the reason for the return. If the wrong parcel has been delivered please do not open the product, or tamper with its original packaging. If the product has been opened you may be liable for the purchase of the product.
- If the product is damaged (or if the wrong product has been delivered) please could you include a photo of the product in concern, this would be helpful.
Step 2 – Collection / Return
You are, in terms of section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act“) entitled to cancel, without reason and without penalty, your order for the Goods within 7 (seven) days of receipt of the Goods. In such an event -you will be liable in terms of section 44(2) of the ECT Act for the direct costs of returning the Goods, such as courier and/or shipping charges.
You will have another 10 days for delivering the product(s) to Cotton Road retail store after receiving our Email confirmation of returning the Goods. You will be liable for any consequence caused when there is any delayed delivery of the returning Goods,
Refunds may only be issued if the product(s) arrive at the original Cotton Road store in a resalable condition so please ensure care is taken when repacking the product(s).
Step 3 – Processing
Once the product(s) are received at Cotton Road we will process the return. This may take up to 3 days to complete. In the case of the wrong product being delivered, your correct order will be dispatched without delay.
Step 4 – Refund/Replacement
If you are eligible for a refund we will do so via EFT into an account of your choice. Please note EFT refunds may take up to 7 working days to reflect in your account
If you are eligible for a replacement product, a new one will be shipped to you.
If your product requires maintenance or fixing, we will then be in contact with you as to the amount of time required; this will vary depending on the product.
If you have not paid for your order within 7 days of receiving your order confirmation, we will send you an email notification. We’ll cancel it 48 hours thereafter if payment is not received.
Placing an Order
- When viewing products, if you see something you like, simply select the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- When you are ready to pay for your order, click on the shopping cart icon, your items will be displayed.
- Once your shopping cart is displayed, you are able to make adjustments to the quantities or add and remove items if necessary. Update your Cart. When you are happy with your cart, select the ‘Proceed to Check out’ button.
- If you hadn’t already entered your shipping address to your profile, you can do so now, alternatively if you would like to ship to an alternative address than that already saved in your profile, you can also add that address now. Select your shipping method.
- Review your order and delivery details one last time, select your payment method and agree to the Terms and conditions before clicking on the ‘Pay Now’ button.
- If you opt to pay with a credit card or Instant EFT you will be directed to PayFast’s secure payment portal to complete the payment. If you would prefer to pay via EFT click on the ‘Pay by EFT’ button and we’ll send you an order reservation email with our banking details. Hold onto your order number for any questions you may have.
All purchases require you to have a Cotton Road account, please update your details regularly, or at very least preview your details before making a purchase to ensure your delivery address is correct.
When confirming an order you have the option to have it shipped to a destination of your choice or you can choose to collect your order from Cotton Road retail store in China Mart, Selby, Johannesburg.
We use a third party provider to deliver our orders; we currently use the services of The Courier Guy to ship all our online national orders. The shipping cost will be automatically added to your cart, unless you have chosen to collect.
Shipping costs are calculated according to the product dimensions and/or weight.
Standard Delivery takes 2 to 3 days to major centres and 3 to 6 days to regional areas.
Herewith the estimated costs;
- Total quantity < 5 pieces — All areas in South Africa– R95.00
- 5 <Total quantity < 15 pieces —All areas in South Africa– R120.00
15 <Total quantity < 30 pieces —All areas in South Africa– R140.00
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
This will be based on the shipping method you select. On average orders are dispatched from our stores within 72 hours and take 1 to 3 working days to deliver to main centres. Please note the courier company only operates during working hours, Monday to Friday.
When do you deliver?
The courier company operates during working hours, Monday to Friday.
Where is my order?
When your parcel leaves from our warehouse, you will be receiving an email to notify you, this email will contain the waybill number and link to The Courier Guy’s website for easy tracking. Please let us know if you didn’t receive this. If you would like us to track your order for you please email us at [email protected]
Will the courier call before delivery?
We do pass on all customer requests to our courier company, but we cannot guarantee that the driver will be able to call you before he delivers your parcel. If the home address provided will not have someone there during office hours to receive the parcel, perhaps consider shipping it to your place of work.
- These are door-to-door delivery services. We do not deliver to post boxes.
- All delivery times are estimates only.
- Someone will have to sign for the parcel on delivery.
- Deliveries are normally made between 9am and 3pm.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to provide a more accurate time for your delivery.
- It is not possible to guarantee that a courier will contact you during the delivery cycle.
Choose to collect your order
You can choose to collect your order from our retail store in China Mart, Johannesburg. Please select ‘Collect order’ in shipping options.
How will I know when to collect my order?
Once your order has been packed you will be sent an email to confirm that your order is ready for collection. This email also has our physical address of Cotton Road retail store. Please don’t arrive at the Cotton Road retail store before you have received this email. Generally your order will be ready for collection within 72 hours of placing your order.
If you need your order in a hurry, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to help you out!
Where and when can I collect my order?
We’ll send you an email right after your parcel is ready for collection. Please note collections can be made between 09:30 and 15:00.
Our address is:
Shop C22 China Mart,
9 Press Ave, Selby
BY ACCESSING AND USING THIS WEBSITE (https://www.cottonroad.co.za), THE USER CONSENTS TO THE PROCESSING OF THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY MUSKAT TRADING CC ON THE BASIS SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF THE USER DOES NOT CONSENT, THE USER MUST IMMEDIATELY STOP ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE.
- We REALLY appreciate your interest in our website and products and hope that you will find something you like and that it offers great value to you.
- We will NEVER intentionally break the law.
- We collect some personal information so that you can buy the products we sell.
- We like to know a little about you so we can match the best products we have to your individual needs.
- We’d like an opportunity to send you the odd email with updates on new products that will benefit you, we will NEVER SPAM YOU! We hate that too.
- We will NEVER SELL ANY PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION you provide us EVER. Except in the odd case if we have to do a credit check and then we’d have to share your details with the bank to let us know if you have enough money to pay us for our products.
Please view our downloadable PDF for our full terms of sale here.